cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 90 on windows client(it's a cluster server)

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi All,

Master & Media server OS:2003SP2 NBU version 7.0.1

Client: OS:2003SP2 NBU version 7.0.1

I got error90 on few of my win2k3 clients. Recently i ahve upgraded my enviroment from 6.5.6 to 7.0.1. Where we had successfull diff backup on the clients but full is failling with 90 error.

The failed clients are active passive cluster servers. Backup completing for active but failing for passive node.

Though there will be no data in passive node where we had successfully full backup so far on both active and passive clients before the upgrade.

Please adivse is there any specific settings to be made in NBU 7.0.1 cluster clients.

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Quite possibly the Any_Cluster_Interface issue addressed here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140567

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you have Exclude Lists in place, please see this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125205

Change Exclude List from drive letter X:\ to X:\*

ram619
Level 5
Certified

No Marianne,

I have checked the Exclude lists where placed. It worked before the upgradation of 6.5.6 to 7.0.1. This is the first full backup after the upgradation but diff backup got completed successfully. Issue is only with full backup.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sincere apologies, but I don't quite understand the following:

"I have checked the Exclude lists where placed."

Have you checked Exclude Lists and found that they were in place? Or not in place?

The Technote that I've posted above explains that it worked up to 6.5.x and 'broke' after upgrade to 7.x.

Please post policy config that is failing with status 90:

On master: bppllist <policy_name> -U

as well as config for each physical cluster node:

On master: bpgetconfig -M client_nodename -x Exclude

Please also ensure that you have bpbkar log folder on cluster nodes. Please post log as attachment after next failure.

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Hi Anne,

Find the attached requested log.

Will_Restore
Level 6

WSAECONNABORTED

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host computer, possibly due to a data transmission time-out or protocol error.    Software caused connection abort.

WSAECONNRESET

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET    Connection reset by peer.

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Thanks Robbin..Em looking on network prospective..

ram619
Level 5
Certified

Annie,

Any findings on the uploaded logs. Please update.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

It is saying that G drive does not exist and also Q drive - so as it is a cluster back up the nodes individually and the virtual name against the shared drives to avoid this.

It fails while trying to back up locked files (trawling the file system) - so is either timing out or VSS is failing (check the servers event logs) and increase the client read timeout on the Media Servers once you have put the policies right

Finally, did you apply the hotfix as i suggested that resolves the Any cluster interface - especially as this is coming back as a network issue?