cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error msg : "failed to perform database backup, status server not allowed access (1)" in Problem Report

T_N
Level 6
Hi All,

Anyone see the msg "failed to perform database backup, status server not allowed access (1)" before, how could I fix it, thanks.

T

17 REPLIES 17

scorpy_582
Level 6
What version of netbackup are you using?

Do you have cold catalog configured?

refer this TN. It might help:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/295058.htm 

Will_Restore
Level 6
What kind of database?  Client and Server details?

Add the server to Client Properties, Server in the Netbackup GUI

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
;)

scorpy_582
Level 6
Thank you guys.
Yes, just realized that there is always an extra space at the end of URL that I give
Will take care of it the next time.

T_N
Level 6
it's NBU 6.5.3 running on Solaris  10. I configured the cold backup catalog. I see this error msg in Problem Report. I checked this error msg in symentec support website but don't see anything

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
There does only appear to be reference to the URL as per scorpys post (less the space at the end ;) )

Any reason why you have Cold Catalog Backups configured? Have you looked at implementing the Hot Catalog Backups?

T_N
Level 6
Andy,

I configured Hot backup catalog, it's running every day (daily incremental & weekly full backups) , last time I saw error msg in Problem Report (sorry don't remember the error msg), I checked it on symantec website, they suggest me to configure cold catalog backup

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
DOCUMENTATION: The Veritas NetBackup (tm) System Administrator's Guide does not list the considerati...

So are you saying that you were getting this error message before you configured Cold Catalog backups or a different one?

I personally don't see the need for the Cold ones ('cept the ones in the 'fridge) & switched ours off (not the 'fridge!) as soon as we went to 6.5 (& I realised that I couldn't do anything with NetBackup at all when they were running).

Does the error message occur at a particular time? e.g. when the cold cat is running
Are you getting any other error messsages/failures?

T_N
Level 6
no this error msg shows up after I configured cold catalog backup . I configured cold catalog backup (in schedule from "only when manually initiated" to " After each session of scheduled, user, or manual backups". I thinks cold catalog  backup doesn't run yet until I start it.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
working ok, then I would ensure that the Cold Catalog backup is configured as "only when manually initiated" so that it doesn't run.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

Add the server to Client Properties, Server in the Netbackup GUI

T_N
Level 6
ok I configured Cold catalog backup as "only when manually initated" then se what happens. I never run cold catalog  backup  because if I run it, I need to stop EMM database.

T_N
Level 6
after I configured back cold catalog backup to "Only when manually initiated" I see a warning in Report Problem: "Database backup is currently disable"

Will_Restore
Level 6
Overview: In the "Problems" report in the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Administration Console, the message, "WARNING: NetBackup database backup is currently disabled" appears.

Resolution:
This warning message indicates the offline backup schedule for the NetBackup catalog is set to "Only when manually initiated".

Will_Restore
Level 6
Overview: In the "Problems" report in the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Administration Console, the message, "WARNING: NetBackup database backup is currently disabled" appears.

Resolution:
This warning message indicates the offline backup schedule for the NetBackup catalog is set to "Only when manually initiated".

T_N
Level 6
that's right I followed this article to select the "After each session of scheduled, user, or manual backups" option after I seleceted this option I got warning from Report Problem : "failed to perform database backup, status server not allowed access (1)"   Anyone has same warning msg ????