Nitesh
Level 4
Hi all

Please give me proper solution .

09/13/2009 07:02:56 - estimated 0 kbytes needed
09/13/2009 07:03:00 - connecting
09/13/2009 07:03:01 - connected; connect time: 0:00:00
09/13/2009 07:03:01 - begin writing
09/13/2009 07:35:11 - Error bpbrm (pid=4393) socket read failed: errno = 52 - Stream ioctl timeout
09/13/2009 07:35:11 - Error bpbrm (pid=4393) could not send server status message
09/13/2009 07:35:12 - end writing; write time: 0:32:11
file read failed (13)

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Nitesh
Level 4

i have faced same problem so mane time for only for this server ..

some time its happend completed ..

thanks

Shiv_Sankar
Level 4
Hi,

Pls refer the below tech note and will help you step by step troubleshooting procedures for error status code 13.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276941.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also recommend trying this technote technique

Usage specifics of the bpbkar_path_tr touch file to enable enhanced debug logging of the bpbkar process
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/267292.htm

The technique described is more commonly used to diagnose a Status 41, but just helped me solve a UNIX file system backup issue I had, with the policy consistently failing with a Status 13

Backup failed at consistently same point - number of files written figure same, nearly same time into the backup.

Found that a folder had 490,000 files, and the daily-inc schedule just timing out, when turning on the trace.
An ls command in the folder took at least several minutes to return.
Whats more interesting is that this folder in question is excluded from this backup in an exclusion list.

This was a local file system backup of a SAN Media server.

Venkatesh_K
Level 5
Hi Nitesh,

If you want troubleshoot 13 in deatils than you will have to enble logs and check when does this error occur i mean during which files access does this error occur, logs will give you in detail about the fle which is causeing this error,

OR

in simple ways try restarting NB services on client side and try a backup this might work it worked for me many times ;)

Regards,
Venki

Nitesh
Level 4
 this is windows client

Venkatesh_K
Level 5

Restart NB services on client

Hi Nitesh,

If you want troubleshoot 13 in deatils than you will have to enble logs and check when does this error occur i mean during which files access does this error occur, logs will give you in detail about the fle which is causeing this error,

OR

in simple ways try restarting NB services on client side and try a backup this might work it worked for me many times ;)

Regards,
Venki

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I had this problem w/ a solaris container

a lost NFS mount point

try a df -kh  if it stops running stucks.

umount -f the network file system.

the same to windows servers... lost mapped drivers can cause status 13 too