cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exam.

Sangkertes_Lewi
Level 2

Hi There,

i would like to take netbackup exam, can anyone give advice me which one should i go for in the following:-

and please give  the tips for it.Should i take with the course or only the exam,Please advice me on this also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

unless you already have a good grounding in NetBackup, I would also advise going on the course prior to any certification, even if you've already some experience. Apart from anything else it would get you into the right 'mind-set' .

Again, as already covered, go for 7.x due to 6.x being EOL *very* soon.

You may well have already seen these:

Exam 250-271: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for Unix

- contain a few 'useful' links.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Better to be certified for 7.5 as 6.x (which includes 6.5.6) will fall out of support in October.

I (and hopefully everybody else) would STRONGLY recommend taking the course prior to taking the exam.

Amaan
Level 6

Why do you think taking course is important? what if I will just read the guides and go to exam. will it be ok? :)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The exams are based on the training material.

I normally 'borrow' training manuals to scan through when I need to take exam for new version.

See this link: http://www.symantec.com/training/certification/

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I would have agree with Chris Z. - the exams are based on the courses.  However, if you have sufficient experience you might be ok, as well as reading the guides.

Martin

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

unless you already have a good grounding in NetBackup, I would also advise going on the course prior to any certification, even if you've already some experience. Apart from anything else it would get you into the right 'mind-set' .

Again, as already covered, go for 7.x due to 6.x being EOL *very* soon.

You may well have already seen these:

Exam 250-271: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for Unix

- contain a few 'useful' links.

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!