Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange granular configuration problems

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello Everyone,

Im strugling with the configuration of granularity, the problem is that I followed all the steppes in the guide but I cant see the mailboxes in the client list attribute when configuring the backup.

So Let me show you what I got:

The master server:

propiedades master server.jpg

the NBU version is 7.6

The client configuration:

As you can see, I put the Administrator account with the proper rights to make the backup, but the seleccion list doesnt show any mailbox, just the exchange DBs

propiedades cliente.jpglista de respaldo.jpg

THE CLIENT:

The NBU jobtracker from the client, shows the backups (with no granularity) running succesfully

cliente nbu.jpg

And the client version is the following:

SO cliente.jpg

All the configuration I did from the following TECHNOTES:

TECH49883

HOWTO73076

I dont know what am I missing, maybe some fresh ideas will help a lot,

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards,

Alejandro 

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Try this TN:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000068163

Work through this doc with your Exchange admin.

Marianne
You forgot to tell us Exchange version?
Any NBU patches on top of 7.6?

Have you checked compatibility with your NBU version and Exchange version?

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

The TechNote Marianne posted is a good summary of what you need to do. It's a bit dated on two points. First, if you're willing to back up active database copies in a DAG, you don't need your Exchange account to be a Domain Admin or Organization Administrator. See the NetBackup for Exchange admin guide for the minimum memberships and privileges the account needs. Second, do configure the account in the client host properties (on every node!) for all Exchange versions from 2010 forward, not just 2013.

However, that's not the question that was asked. You're wondering why you're not seeing a mailbox list in the selection list for the backup policy. You will never see mailboxes there. You back up databases or higher. GRT means that NetBackup finds the mailboxes within the databases for you, and presents them to you when you browse for restore.

If you take a GRT backup of a database, and then cannot see the mailboxes when you browse for restore, then work through the steps of the TechNote mentioned.

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So I just ran a job with "granular check" of the exhcange server and I got the following results:

The job works with warnings but I dont get what I need ;(

The version of NBU is 7.6.0

version.jpg

I have exchange server 2013

Thanks for the help and the follow up

Regards,

Alejandro

Your screenshot shows NetBackup 7.6.0.1. GRT support for Exchange 2013 began at NetBackup 7.6.0.3. At 7.6.0.1, NetBackup would tell you that it was not performing GRT because it did not support Exchange 2013.

In general, if your NetBackup version is below 7.7, please run your clients at the highest triple-dot version available - 7.5.0.7, 7.6.0.4, 7.6.1.2.

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

@Lowell_Palecek wrote:

Your screenshot shows NetBackup 7.6.0.1. GRT support for Exchange 2013 began at NetBackup 7.6.0.3. At 7.6.0.1, NetBackup would tell you that it was not performing GRT because it did not support Exchange 2013.

In general, if your NetBackup version is below 7.7, please run your clients at the highest triple-dot version available - 7.5.0.7, 7.6.0.4, 7.6.1.2.

Epic Fail!!

Thanks!!!

I will update NBU and post the answers,

Thanks

Marianne

That is why I asked on Monday if you have checked compatibility....

Herewith compatibility guides for 7.x versions up to 7.6.x and 7.7.x:

NetBackup 7 Application/Database Agent (CL): http://www.veritas.com/docs/000006088
NBU 7.7 DB and Application Agent CL http://www.veritas.com/docs/000025230 

Best to upgrade to the latest 7.7.x version as all versions up to 7.6.x will reach EOSL in about 5 months:
https://sort.veritas.com/eosl/show_matrix 

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So,

I updated the NBU version to 7.6.1 and after the update I keep getting error code 41 for connection, but in the client I have request that doesn´t finish like this:

PrtScr capture.jpg

Thanks for the kind help

Regards,

Alejandro

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

So,

After looking on the web for something simmilar to my connection problem I found the following TECHNOTE:

error 41

Followed the steppes and now is working,

When I do the restore I can see the tree with the users, But I can´t see further, I will try to change again the timeouts.

Any ideas??