cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange restore failed

Mark_M
Level 4
I have a problem with restore my information store (exchange 5.0).
When I restore my Information Store in a other server (where Exchange is installed and is the environment test) I look this error:

Error bpbrm(pid=3072) from client exchangetest: ERR - unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\First Storage Group\Log files_1121648660 (BEDS 0xFFFFFE08: )

and restore failed.

I have netbackup MP3 5.0 witn win 2000 sp4.

Thank's at the all newgroups.

Jonh
5 REPLIES 5

Mark_M
Level 4
Sorry the version of my netbackup is 5.0 MP5.

thank's

patrickkuah
Level 6
I assumed you are using Exchange 2000 because there is a storage group involved.

In order to perform a redirected restore for Exchange, there are few requirements, see below (i extracted from the admin guide)

1) The storage groups and databases must exist on the target server.

2) The storage groups and databases must have the same names as the original storage groups or databases.

3) The target databases must be configured so that they can be overwritten. Using the Exchange System Manager, right-click the database you want to overwrite, click Properties, and then on the Database tab, select This database can be overwritten by a restore.

4) The target server must have the same Organization and Administrative Group name as the source server.

ensure you have met the requirements before performing the redirected restoration.

patrick

Andrew_J_
Level 3
Thank's Patrick.
Sorry Exchange version is obviusly exchange 2000.
Now I'will try to follow your suggest.
One question I call you.
I have installed MP5 on the master server (win 2000 server) and in the client (win 2000 pro). Do you Know is exist incompatibility or problem to restore Information Store on exchange 2000 server with this version of Maintence Pack?

thank's

Jonh

patrickkuah
Level 6
As long as the Master Server is higher or same version should be OK.... it still recommended to have the same MP...it fixed bugs :)

patrickkuah

Daniel_Ryan
Level 3
I've seen this message months ago, and I believe the Exchange Admins had to run a utility against the logs, it was eseutil. But the previous post is correct, you have the Exchange Storage Group and Information Store the same as you have it setup on the backup.

I've ran into inconsistencies on the logs and the admins had to sometimes clear out what was there, and then restart the restore.

Just some thoughts,

Dan