Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file read failed (13) on Full Bkup; no issues with Diff Bkup

flavor4real
Level 5

Hello everybody,
This morning I found the following error:
file read failed (13) on Full Bkup.  It looks like that the job ran from 1500 (3PM to about 1800 (6pm).
I have no issues with RDP into the server at any given time and the network is steup correctly.
However, I have no issues with Diff Bkup jobs.  or any other Full/Diff Bkup jobs.

its just a questions to see if anyone had the sme issue before.

7 REPLIES 7

flavor4real
Level 5
i've assuming that it's the time out setting which is set to the default of 300, because the smaller Diff Job runs without issues.  I've set the timeout to 3000.  do u think that should do it?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
For master/client: NB versions; OS etc

Anything in bpbkar log on client?

flavor4real
Level 5
OS 2003 on master/client, NB 6.5
I've created thebpkar folder and restarted the two jobs.  right now the jobs are running and I assume that a log file would be created once the job either closes or a error occures.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

May want to increase verbosity temporarily to 5.

Maybe restart NB service on client.

***EDIT***
Not sure if this will help:
Usage specifics of the bpbkar_path_tr touch file to enable enhanced debug logging of the bpbkar process
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/267292.htm

flavor4real
Level 5
how do i do that?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

instructions were in the T/N I quoted!

"...setting the 'Global logging level' to 5(maximum). This can be found in the Logging tab of the Host Properties | Clients | Properties section of the NetBackup Administration Console..."

Remember to change it back when issues resolved (or sooner!) as the logs can grow quite large.

flavor4real
Level 5
thanks