cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fileconnect.symantec.com

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

This may not be the correct forum but has anyone else noticed that fileconnect.symantec.com is not working with the latest version of Java?  In addition it doesn't like the newest version of IE at all.  My company blocks java.com as it is considered freeware by them so it is getting harder and harder to get my NBU files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

This is what worked for me.  Your mileage may vary.

Open the java.security file which is located in your client machine's Java/JRE installed directory (jre/lib/security/java.security).

Look for this line:

jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024

Change 1024 to 256 and save.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited

have you tried another browser/another system?

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

Yes, Firefox and Chrome.  It seems to be tied to the latest Java Update.  I've verified it works on a machine I have I have not updated Java.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You will need to be able to access the site to download our softeware. As mentioned try another browser or another location like at home. 

Also Try this link, filconnect looks to redirect here:

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

I understand that Terry.  What I am saying is that fileconnect is not keeping up with the Java changes.

Will_Restore
Level 6

It's more like java screwing things up.  Haven't tried fileconnect lately but other apps are misbehaving due to java updates sad

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I was redirected to Java site when I tried to download 7.6.0.1.

I managed to download after installing the version that appeared on the Java site.

Using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76 m.

DG-2005
Level 5

Once the site loads you can use a download manager (DownloadThemAll for firefox) which will grab all the links that you need for the files listed on there if java is being a pain. This grabs all the manual links for you and downloads them. Assuming downloading an extension for a browser isn't an issue :)

Stephen_Lindo
Level 4

This is what worked for me.  Your mileage may vary.

Open the java.security file which is located in your client machine's Java/JRE installed directory (jre/lib/security/java.security).

Look for this line:

jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024

Change 1024 to 256 and save.