cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files delete

zoan_nbu
Level 4

Hi Mates,

in my disk storae unit,i have few files with img and INFO extention.

This is the path to my disk storage unit.

1.what are these two files?

2.Can i delete img file as it is 25 gb of files and 50 files are there?Can i shift delete those 50 files with 25 gb each?

NBU 7.5

WIN 2008

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

INFO file is showing a notepad symbol because YOU accepted Notepad as the default program to open this file with. Nothing about file contents or attributes was changed.

Hopefully your curiosity is now satisfied and you will leave these files alone. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

those are the backup Data final destination.. 

yoiu does not suppose to do touch those files.. those are purly controled by Netbackup, adding and deletion should be done by netbackup.

and they will get removed once retenction of that particular image has been expired in netbackup catalog.

Marianne

NO!!!

Those are the actual backups.

Leave them alone!

They will be removed once backup retention has expired and image cleanup runs.

Surely you know this after all your image cleanup questions?!

zoan_nbu
Level 4

what this img and info file does?

info file is only  1 kb only.

what i have to do so that space can be reclaimed?

What if I shift delete those files from the disk path?

Marianne

Please read through previous 2 posts again, then YOU tell US why you should NOT delete these files.

Also tell us what will happen if you DO delete files and you are asked for a restore tomorrow.
And how exactly you will resolve catalog inconsistencies when NBU still believes that valid backups exist on disk STU.

zoan_nbu
Level 4

ok.

I have opened an INFO file with a note pad and now all my INFO file in this st unit and on other st unit (other drives) have a notepad symol in begining.

Is everything fine with this if INFO file  is showing a notepad symbol  ?

RamNagalla

I still do not understand why you still beat around the un-necessory things when there is a lot to learn in Netbackup if you really wnat to...

there are lot of things which you just need to accept .. other then questining..

Marianne

You remind me of myself as a curious 7-year-old.

What else did you expect to find in INFO file????

As Nagalla said - there is ENOUGH to keep yourself busy with. And as I've said above: Surely you know this after all your image cleanup questions?! 

LEAVE THE FILES IN YOUR DISK STU ALONE!

Normal Image expiration and Staging (if configured) will automatically take care of it. 

Spend your time reading up in Admin Guide I about Disk Storage Unit and Staging.

zoan_nbu
Level 4

Yes it is cleared.

I have this query of :

I have opened an INFO file with a note pad and now all my INFO file in this st unit and on other st unit (other drives) have a notepad symol in begining of this INFO file.

Is everything fine with this if INFO file  is showing a notepad symbol  ?

RamNagalla

yes it is fine..nothing to worry about it.. 

hope fully it would be your last query in this thread... 

Marianne

INFO file is showing a notepad symbol because YOU accepted Notepad as the default program to open this file with. Nothing about file contents or attributes was changed.

Hopefully your curiosity is now satisfied and you will leave these files alone.