cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash backup failed with error 20

Planters
Level 5

Hi,

I use NetBackup version 6.5.6, windows 2003 OS and the client OS is 2008.

Frequently i one of my server is getting failed with error 20 "Invalid command parameter". If i restart the failed job it will complete successfully. Past one week i am not getting but i need to find out the reason for the failure.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

Shin

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

PLEASE upgrade to 7.x ASAP!

Not only are MANY fixes included in each new version, you also are ensured of continued support.

NBU 6.x is EOSL later this year: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74757

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I agree, upgrade to 7, including media servers and client. 

Checkout this HOWTO article on Status 20:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO50797

Planters
Level 5

Thanks for your update.

My client is not ready to upgrade to 7.X at present.  :(

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

How big are the drives you are trying to snapshot? is there enough space to create the snapshot? also the bpfis log could help to better understand the issue, based on the error the issue is at snapshot level and this is normaly because space issues or maybe you already have a stuck snapshot on the client side. Other question is if the client is a VM?

Please let us know.

Regards.

Planters
Level 5

2 TB and 800 GB, its a DFS server

Its VM

watsons
Level 6

Looking at the system/application event logs might help.

If you google this error message around with Netbackup keyword, it often ends up with problem with unsupported filesystem or snapshot management - of which Netbackup was trying to run a command against the filesystem but some command parameter was just not taken correctly by the target,  a re-run might work that indicates something going on with that filesystem (or snapshot).