cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gui schedule is not updating

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3

i have daily, weekly, and monthly backup policies. as such, the daily should not be scheduled to run on weekends (Fridays) but mine is. without creating a fresh policy, how does one fix this?

sched.PNG

when i delete the Friday schedule and save it, it comes back after awhile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Try the EEB mentioned in the below technote and apply it on the master server as well as the machine from which you are accessing the Java console

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109333

Or as the workaround mentioned in the above technote rather than deleting the complete policy simply delete the unwanted schedule and then add a new daily schedule once again..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

your Daily policy frequency type is selected as calender based, if you would like to use calender based schedule exclude friday using Exclude days option in schedule.

or else change the schedule type as frequency type and then remove the schedule time on froday.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Try the EEB mentioned in the below technote and apply it on the master server as well as the machine from which you are accessing the Java console

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109333

Or as the workaround mentioned in the above technote rather than deleting the complete policy simply delete the unwanted schedule and then add a new daily schedule once again..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU35
Level 6

Even I am facing same issue, i was not aware about EEB.

Instead I was able to change schedule using bpplschedrep command.

bpplschedrep PolicyName Schedule_Name -6 14400 0 [-(0..6) start duration]

./bpplschedrep PolicyName Schedule_Name -1 14400 10800 -2 14400 10800

where -1 denotes Monday , -2 denotes Tuesday 

14400 is no of seconds (caculated from 12:00AM ) , which denotes start window i.e 4 AM.

10800 is again no of seconds, which defines this backup window is open for how long .ie. 3 Hours, so backup window is 4 AM to 7 AM.