cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i disable restore from disk images?

manatee
Level 6

so i got it to the point where no restores are done without aligning the admins.apparently that only works for backups stored on tapes. but for backups stored or still on disk, the DBAs can do restores anytime they please.

is it possible then, to place the same restore controls on disk images?

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

I am not sure why you want to restrict the restore, ablility to restore the data when it is needed basic need of backups.

I do not think there is a way to restrict the Restores triggering from DB, even from the tapes, it triggers the job and wait for the tape if it not in library.

if you want to restrict the DBA to trigger restore,  define a policy in your IT organination and inform them.

i am already restricting restores from tape. found out last week that disk images that were kept for sometime are not under that restrictions.

well, there are certain cultures that do not follow rules so we have to implement the rules actively like preventing unauthorized restores. this is our way of making sure everybody follows the rules and also to monitor who did what when.

Happy New Year! Man Happy

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

This can be used to disable clients from performing restores:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/123711489-126541862-0/v40145156-126541862

...but you wanted to be able to disable restores from particular storage unit type(s), which AFAIK is not possible.

@sdo wrote:

This can be used to disable clients from performing restores:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/123711489-126541862-0/v40145156-126541862

...but you wanted to be able to disable restores from particular storage unit type(s), which AFAIK is not possible.

thanks. Marianne showed me that document before and that's how i started with it. works fine for restores coming from tapes.