cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create new user on NOM

T_N
Level 6
Hi All,

Anyone knows how to create new user on NOM ? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
1. Login to NOM as the built-in admin user (only one with access to do this).
2. "Settings" tab
3. "Access Control" sub-tab
4. "Add User" link on the left side of the screen.

If you can get away with it, authenticate the users through a domain. That way you don't have to worry about doing password resets, or answering "what's my password" emails/calls. =) 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

alazanowski
Level 5
What version of NOM are you running? I'll do a quick documentation for you if its the version im running.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
1. Login to NOM as the built-in admin user (only one with access to do this).
2. "Settings" tab
3. "Access Control" sub-tab
4. "Add User" link on the left side of the screen.

If you can get away with it, authenticate the users through a domain. That way you don't have to worry about doing password resets, or answering "what's my password" emails/calls. =) 

T_N
Level 6
I installed NOM 6.5 on Window Virtual machine. My NBU (master & media servers), I didn't install VxSS & NBAC on it. Should I install them to create NOM user

I created new NOM user, but what's password on it ?

alazanowski
Level 5
For example if you added Domain\UserName, then its going to use AD authentication. I'm pretty sure you needed to have VxSS and NBAC on it just for NOM to run properly. It is also important for any authentication that you want to have being "application" based.

Raghuraam
Level 4
Default user name and password will be "admin " and Vxadmin".

Once you login to NOM console go to "Settings" tab and select "Access control"  and left side down you will find option to "add user".

Here you can create local account or domain account with "Domain\login ID"
 ---------------
Raghuraam