cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the output of bpimagelist for Standard & MAC seperately

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

bpimagelist -U -d 11/01/2013 00:00:00 -e 11/05/2013 00:00:00 -pt XXXXXX

I would like to get the amount of data backed per policy type. NBU by default gives it but that includes both standarad & MAC. I would like to get it as seperately.

Please advice..

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

-pt Standard

should do it

See the NBU Commands guide for all options - all case sensitive

#edit#

Here is the guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5182

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

I'm sorry the question was incomplete. I have updated it please answer me now.

Regards,

Bharath

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please check the Commands manual as per Mark's advice.

Use the link above to download the manual and then check the -pt options of bpimagelist command.

PS - this is where we also find answers - manuals, Google, etc...)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

MAC policies are set as Standard so you cannot differentiate using that command

You would be better to run a Client Backups report for all clients for the relevant period - export it to a text file (File - Export) and then open that in excel (it imports easily when set as delimited)

Once you have this you can sort by client name - delete any clients which are not MAC clients and then sum column F which is the backup size

Hope this helps

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Thanks Mark- I knew this answer but it takes too much time to get the report for previous one month.

I'm lookig for a script that generates amount of  data backed per policy type especially standard & Mac seperately.

Please help me.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is REALLY not a separate policy type for MAC.

Nothing we can do about that.

Mark's suggestion is your only possible solution.

Mmmm..... Maybe there is another way...

Add a keyword to policies to identify the OS,  Use -keyword "keyword phrase" with bpimagelist instead of -pt. This will only help with new backups that were done with this keyword.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As it cannot differentiate between Unix and MAC it is difficult  - if you have OpsCenter you could create a backup report for one month period that includes all of your MAC clients and run that when you need it.

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Thanksfor the quick response ,

we have Opscentre but not the licensed version- Opsecntre analytics. Would it help ?????

Regards,

Bharath

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Normal OpsCenter should be OK - just make a new report using a standard backup report as a starting point and as you go through just select the MAC Clients only and the time frame to be 1 month

A bit of trial and error but you will know when you have got it right when you preview it