cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the output of bpimagelist for Standard & MAC seperately

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

bpimagelist -U -d 11/01/2013 00:00:00 -e 11/05/2013 00:00:00 -pt XXXXXX

I would like to get the amount of data backed per policy type. NBU by default gives it but that includes both standarad & MAC. I would like to get it as seperately.

Please advice..

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

-pt Standard

should do it

See the NBU Commands guide for all options - all case sensitive

#edit#

Here is the guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5182

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

I'm sorry the question was incomplete. I have updated it please answer me now.

Regards,

Bharath

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please check the Commands manual as per Mark's advice.

Use the link above to download the manual and then check the -pt options of bpimagelist command.

PS - this is where we also find answers - manuals, Google, etc...)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

MAC policies are set as Standard so you cannot differentiate using that command

You would be better to run a Client Backups report for all clients for the relevant period - export it to a text file (File - Export) and then open that in excel (it imports easily when set as delimited)

Once you have this you can sort by client name - delete any clients which are not MAC clients and then sum column F which is the backup size

Hope this helps

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Thanks Mark- I knew this answer but it takes too much time to get the report for previous one month.

I'm lookig for a script that generates amount of  data backed per policy type especially standard & Mac seperately.

Please help me.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is REALLY not a separate policy type for MAC.

Nothing we can do about that.

Mark's suggestion is your only possible solution.

Mmmm..... Maybe there is another way...

Add a keyword to policies to identify the OS,  Use -keyword "keyword phrase" with bpimagelist instead of -pt. This will only help with new backups that were done with this keyword.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As it cannot differentiate between Unix and MAC it is difficult  - if you have OpsCenter you could create a backup report for one month period that includes all of your MAC clients and run that when you need it.

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Thanksfor the quick response ,

we have Opscentre but not the licensed version- Opsecntre analytics. Would it help ?????

Regards,

Bharath

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Normal OpsCenter should be OK - just make a new report using a standard backup report as a starting point and as you go through just select the MAC Clients only and the time frame to be 1 month

A bit of trial and error but you will know when you have got it right when you preview it