cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import image from cloud on Netbackup 8?

madao_narita
Level 2

I am testing in Netbackup8, I've setup netbackup8 master and media server on the same windows server 2012 and configured cloud storage server with IBM software (Swift) and swiftstack (swift) I can backup and restore my datas and catalogs to both cloud with problem. then, i tried to deploy a new netbackup8 master and media server on another windows server and connected to the same cloud container, but i cannot found any backup data and catalog after doing inventory disk pool. Any step i need to get back data, catalog, image from cloud on the new setup Netbackup8? Thank you!!    

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

The two NetBackup domains are islands.  The fact that they both use cloud containers  might be largely irrelevant.  It sounds to me as if you might want to configure NetBackup AIR between the two NetBackup "domains".  The manuals describe how to do this, and there are plenty of posts in this forum regarding things that poeple forget or miss.

Of course I'm probably getting the wrong end of the stick.  If you think that what you have done so far is right and should have worked, then I think you're going to have to explain in more detail what it is that you have done/actioned to create both builds, and then what it is you have done in terms of backups and somehow seeing/accessing/retrieving the backup data again.  And why do think your actions should have worked?  Are you following a guide/manual, if so, then please post a link to that manual and the page number/section that you are following.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to simulate how to get backup the image from cloud on a new setup netbackup server when the original one is down. So, i try connect the second netbackup server to the same cloud container.

I found info about import image from tape or disk like go to Catalog>action>initiate import...

Is it the same way on cloud? 

Just finished the test.

Just like import image from tape or disk, do an initiate import and verify.

manul add the source client name on client list when restore data.

Are you saying this is resolved?