cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import the catalog 5.1 to 6.5

TheBlackMamba
Level 3
hi everybody!!! you know i`ve got a problem.... i`ve a linux server whit NB 5.1, and save it`s catalog, Reinstalled the OS now is windows XP and NB but version 6.5, my question is, How to import the catalog to my new plataform, is it posible?????

thank you!!!Smiley Happy
8 REPLIES 8

Stumpr2
Level 6
Good luck! Smiley Sad

skarve
Level 4
Certified
Hello,
     You cannot import catalog from 5.1 to 6.5. They are totally different in design. But what you can do is try and import the tapes so that you will have the data available for restore. You can also try and copy over the policies from old /usr/openv/netbackup/db folder into the new setup so that you will get your policies back. You will have to modify some attributes though.

Thanks
Sumeet.Karve

TheBlackMamba
Level 3
well... thak you so much.
Smiley Sad

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Configure a second box install NBU 5.1, restore you catalog, then migrate to 6.5 following the Symantec process, then I think you can merge with your new 6.5 installation. I dont see any other way to do this.

Good luck.
Regards

Mark_Casemore
Level 4
You are correct in stating netbackup 5.1 catalogues cannot be migrated to netbackup 6, they are different.  What I had to do was upgrade our current Master/Media server to netbackup 6, perform a catalogue backupto obtain the latest cat's.  Then build a vanilla 2003 box with the new version of netbackup, I then used BPIMPORT to import the catalogues and hey presto, evertything was fine.

S__Sankara_Nara
Level 4

Appreciate if any one helps me in resolving this stuff

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6

Hi,

I am totally agree with Omer Villa. reinstall 5.1 on ur new box and restore catalog and then upgrade to newer version.

Stumpr2
Level 6

double whammy

Have you considered simply starting from scratch on the new master?

You could then rebuild the catalog by importing the tapes on an as needed or schediuled basis