cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to integrate opscenter to BPPM

krishna007
Level 3

Hello Folks,

Could anyone please share the process of opscenter integration to BPPM ( BMC proactiveNET performance management).

Opscenter version = 7.6.0.4

Opscenter server =  Windows 2008

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

there are 2 options

1) sending the SNMP traps to trap host and letting the Monitering tool BPPM to read the traps and take necessory steps

2) generate report on daily or weekly , or hoursly based on your need and place the report to local disk and let the monitering tool BPPM read the report and take the necessory steps..

let me know if you need more details about each  option.

View solution in original post

sdo

There is no native integration.  You have to configure OpsCenter to send SNMP traps to a target address/name - i.e. your SNMP server/listener (i.e. BMC).  And then you may want to load, or modify and load, a MIB (from OpsCenter) to help BMC better understand the SNMP traps originating from OpsCenter - and quite likely you'll have to implement some custom event triggers in BMC to process the meta data within the SNMP traps, as and when they arrive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla

there are 2 options

1) sending the SNMP traps to trap host and letting the Monitering tool BPPM to read the traps and take necessory steps

2) generate report on daily or weekly , or hoursly based on your need and place the report to local disk and let the monitering tool BPPM read the report and take the necessory steps..

let me know if you need more details about each  option.

krishna007
Level 3

Hello Ram,

Thank you, please let me know the process for opscenter integration to trap host and 

the process for opscenter integration to BPPM.

sdo

There is no native integration.  You have to configure OpsCenter to send SNMP traps to a target address/name - i.e. your SNMP server/listener (i.e. BMC).  And then you may want to load, or modify and load, a MIB (from OpsCenter) to help BMC better understand the SNMP traps originating from OpsCenter - and quite likely you'll have to implement some custom event triggers in BMC to process the meta data within the SNMP traps, as and when they arrive.