cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to recover catalog from standalone master server to clustered server.

WillHunting
Level 3

hi,Everyone!

standalone master server: windows 2008r2

nbu 7.5.0.5

clustered server:windows 2008r2  * 2 

veritas cluster server

nbu 7.5.0.5

they have same ip and virtual name,but report error(failed to recover nbdb on win2008 (13)) when recover catalog  from standalone master server to clustered server.

somebody says there is a migrate tools ,but I dont know .

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Simply not possible. Clustered master server can only be configured with brand new installation. Non-clustered EMM database cannot be recovered to clustered or vice versa due to the format of the db. The only way to convert is through catalog migration/manipulation services from a certified consulting partner. See: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Simply not possible. Clustered master server can only be configured with brand new installation. Non-clustered EMM database cannot be recovered to clustered or vice versa due to the format of the db. The only way to convert is through catalog migration/manipulation services from a certified consulting partner. See: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

WillHunting
Level 3

hi,Marianne!

Thanks a lot!

waiting for your TN, :)

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

So I would actually say that it is possible with CATMAN(Catalog manipulation) engagement :)

In case you are intersted, you can let us know. We are certified partners who can carry out such migrations.

Marianne
So am I. But best to find a certified partner in local country. Talk with your local Veritas office.

WillHunting
Level 3

Thanks ! 

Marianne
Planning and asking questions is something that should be done before attempting in production environment.... Good luck!