cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restore a tape content, in another data center.

Gadit
Level 3
Hello!

I want to perform a restore of a tape in a different media server, located in a data center different from the original, I dont want to create a new machine, just extract the files that are in the backup of the tape.

I have done phase 1 and phase 2 of the tape import, but when trying to perform the restore, it does not appear the cliente in the source server, in the images the client appears, but in the list clients no.

is just a test, we are simulating to recover data if the data center die!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PatS729
Level 5

So Simple.... Add Client name manually in Server list and then try restore. Client name will appear only if you have that client in any of the policy.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mystre316
Level 4

I'm not familiar with tapes, but wouldn't you need the catalog from the original environment?

PatS729
Level 5

So Simple.... Add Client name manually in Server list and then try restore. Client name will appear only if you have that client in any of the policy.

Thanks,

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Phase 1 and 2 Import is sufficient to update the catalog on the remote master server.

I am battling to understand where you are not seeing the client name.

In the BAR GUI of the remote master, simply type in (add) the client name in Source Client field.

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It looks like you don't have source client name while you're trying to restore in BAR GUI, right? You should be able to edit client list