cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop netbackup email notification?

jasw61
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Everything I am finding on netbackup email notification is how to set it up or issues with it not working.

What I would like to find out is how to stop or disable the notifications.

NBU 7..6.0.1 -- Win Server 2008 R2

Regards,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you looking to stop every notification or just certain types. This can be what email you have entered where in NetBackup.  Review the Table of Effects in TECH64984 for an idea of what emails you will receive.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

I assume that you are talking about blat (open source SMTP) follow below step to stop notifications

run regedit and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Sofwate\Public Domain\Blat.  

Please note the single space between 'Public' and 'Domain' in the key name.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Well...that MIGHT work, but it makes me very uneasy...

James, could you please attach an example of the kind of email you're getting that you don't want to get?  I want to be sure about what you're receiving before I try offering advice.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, when you have the documentation, you will see the places where you add email addresses in NBU Host Properties depending on whether you configure Server or Client notification.

To disable, simply remove the email addresses from the relevant Host Properties.

Do NOT unconfigure email notification for catalog backups.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you looking to stop every notification or just certain types. This can be what email you have entered where in NetBackup.  Review the Table of Effects in TECH64984 for an idea of what emails you will receive.

jasw61
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Sorry for the delay getting back here.  The customer had duplication jobs, a whole lot of jobs, that gave status 96, due to the available tapes running out.  In the end, the actual issue was that an issue with exchange caused all the notification email to queue up and then bombard them the next day.  I did mention that they could just remove the email address from the host properties, but in this case the notifications had already left the building, so to speak.

Thanks, everyone.

James