cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to take the backup for the unix client by windows netbackup server

qiblatain
Level 5
I have Netbackup 6.5.3 installed on windows 2003 R2. I have a server with the UNIX operating system. I have to take the backup of the UNIX operating system through my windows netbackup server.

Please tell me in detail, how to install the client software on the unix operating system server & then how to take the backup of that unix client through the netbackup server.

Is it possible to take the Unix client backup through Windows netbackup server.

Thanks,

Waiting for the quick response.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Start with the Installation Guide for Unix and Linux.
See where to find install media in the section called 'Contents of the NetBackup media kit'.
On p. 89 follow the steps under 'Installing UNIX clients locally'.

Before adding a policy for the Unix client, verify hostname lookup between server and client. Also verify that IP address can be resolved to valid hostname in both directions.
Easiest is to add hosts entries for one another on both server and client.
Create bpcd log directory under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs on new client. This will help to troubleshoot possible connectivity problems.
Create policy for client and select type as Standard.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lu
Level 6
Yes any NBU server can back-up any NBU client, as long as the client OS is supported by NBU. Which Unix do you use ? First install the NBU client from the CDs, and declare a policy of type "Standard".

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Start with the Installation Guide for Unix and Linux.
See where to find install media in the section called 'Contents of the NetBackup media kit'.
On p. 89 follow the steps under 'Installing UNIX clients locally'.

Before adding a policy for the Unix client, verify hostname lookup between server and client. Also verify that IP address can be resolved to valid hostname in both directions.
Easiest is to add hosts entries for one another on both server and client.
Create bpcd log directory under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs on new client. This will help to troubleshoot possible connectivity problems.
Create policy for client and select type as Standard.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
i think marianne has just givin you the answer.  there is a separate cd for UNIX installation. your UNIX administrator can assist you with the installation though.

qiblatain
Level 5
I have done it successfully. Thanks for you all. 

Backup is running now successfully.

ONCE AGAIN ,, THANKS A LOT...