Please guide me in summary that how to take the backup of Exchange 2010 in Netbackup 7.0.1?
Also how to restore for single email or public folder in Exchange 2010?
Are there any specific considerations which need to be concentrated?
Bundle of Thanks .
Waiting for the quick response.
You can find Symantec NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Administrator's Guide for Windows from the below link...
For restoring individual mail/public folder you have to use GRT option while backing up exchange, and you have to do some configuration on Netbackup Client Service and Netbackup service account.
Hope this information helps...
some more information regarding my previous post
Exchange server: Exchange server 2010 SP1
Netbackup version: Netbackup 7.0.1
Clustering: Exchange server 2010 SP1 is clustered with another Exchange 2010 SP1 server.
SAN: We have to take the backup of this Exchange cluster server via SAN by installing the Media server.
My questions are:
1) Is Exchange server 2010 SP1 is compatible for Netbackup 7.0.1 ?
2) For clustered Exchange server, i think we have to install the Media server on both the nodes of the cluster, because Media server is not supported on the clustered environment for Netbackup 7.0.1 ?
3) For single email or public folder restore, what are the best practices ?
4) What else any further configurations & considerations must be kept in mind for this exchange implementation ?
waiting for the quick response.
thanks for the all.
1) Latest compatibility Guide:
NetBackup 7 Application/Database Agent (CL): http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126904
Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows 2008 R2
NetBackup Version Start of Support: NetBackup 7.0.1
2) You can either install normal NBU client or NBU media server on Exchange nodes. Normal client is covered in Admin Guide mentioned in Kiran Bandi's post.
If you want media server installation, see
NetBackup High Availability Guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127045
Appendix D covers configuration of Application Cluster for Media Server and Storage Unit config. Exchange backup config is still covered in NBU for Exchange admin guide.
3) Config GRT backups. See NBU for Exchange Admin Guide.
4) All of above-mentioned documentation should be sufficient.
Some more information about my second (2) point is :
The backup of the Exchange is required to be taken through SAN, so that's why i think we would definitely go with the Media server at each node &
the cluster nodes for Exchange are active-active not the active-passive.
We have one netback master server and 2 media servers.
i have installed media servers on my both Exchange 2010 nodes on server 2008 R2
bt i m unable to take the backup on storage.
is there any further configuration i need to done.