cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to remove client name in to policy but it's getting error.

charan
Level 4
Partner

i am trying to remove client name in to policy but it's getting error,the policy could not be modified status : 43 unexpected message recived.

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the OS on the master server? 

I guess it is not Windows 7 as per your selection...

If W2008 or higher, remember to open the GUI with right-click, run as Administrator.

Or disable UAC.

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

Also have you tried adding/removing a fake client to the policy or even creating a test policy and adding/removing client from test policy.

if you can't delete a client from any policy then follow Mariannes suggestions.

If it does work for other policies then you could have a corrupt policy. you could try copying the policy to a temp policy then remove original policy then copy the temp policy back to the original name and try to remove the client.

good luck

jim_dalton
Level 6

Seen something similar when its been updated - possibly by others- but not refreshed and it triggers a fault.

Exit , check no other admin guis running, restart your admin gui and try again. Jim

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I think Jim is right.  NetBackup now maintains, internally, 'versions' of policies.  So, in your case, you possibly have a 'stale' policy in memory of your running console.  So, exit console, and retry.  Or 'refresh all' in the Admin Console to reload the entire policy set.

Marianne

Always difficult to assist when everyone replies except the original poster..........

Dangerous_Dan
Level 5
Partner Certified

:)

charan
Level 4
Partner

Thnaks for your replaies....

and sorry for late replay,actually i went on leave.
regarding this issue finally i made it.

Marianne

So - HOW was the issue resolved?