cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying tapes for restore with netbackup oracle agent

bahr
Level 2
I've been able to successfully backup to take using the oracle agent and an rman script, and I can see the tape listed in the job details window when the backup runs. But I'm confused about how to do a restore. If I go into the restore window and choose my database server for source and destination and choose policy type oracle, there is nothing listed, despite my successful backups.  Does this mean that there is something wrong with my backups?

On a possibly related note - our data center manager is complaining that when she runs the daily vault report for tapes to send offsite, she never sees any of the tapes that have the oracle backups on them.  She's able to look at specific tapes and sees the oracle backup policy listed and the tape ID, but it never is listed for offsite. The backups are scheduled to expire after 4 weeks.

We are running netbackup 6.5.3.1 with an HP-UX master and the database is running on RHEL 5.3.
2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
you backup using rman script, you also restore using rman script

to start oracle restore from GUI, you need additional tuning both in NetBackup and in Oracle - for detail, see manual page - it's much easier to do rman restore than trying to set up GUI restore environment

about the vaulting - check if you are including the oracle volume pool in the vault profile, or, even before that, check if you are including the oracle backup policy/clients in the selection criteria in vault profile

Abe

amrn
Level 3
hi bahr
i am having a problem with my oracle agent, when u run a backup from GUI (backup,archive and restore) do u see an Oracle node in
the left pane? because in the manual it is said that it should be there but i can't find it
if u can tell the steps u did for the backup i will be thankfull
thanks