cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect media found in drive index 0 when running duplication on Netbackup 7.1.0.3

rsakimoto
Level 5

I encountered this when running duplication. I normally use 6 media. The 4 tapes always freeze.

Error bptm(pid=4740) incorrect media found in drive index 0, expected 127FAO, found DT3CBO, FREEZING 127FAO
9/7/2012 1:47:51 AM - current media 127FAO complete, requesting next resource Any
9/7/2012 1:48:42 AM - Info bptm(pid=4740) EXITING with status 96 <----------       

I tried to unfreeze the media affected, and expired again and ran duplication job. Still my duplication job is partially successful.

I'm thinkng that the media affected is defective and I will try to use new one. But any inputs/solution to my problem is much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Possibly either:

• tapes have been put in your library manually & it has not been re-inventoried
  • your tapes have been mis-labelled & require re-labelling (will lose any data on them & will need to un-check the verify tape label option)
  • your library/tape drives have been mis-configured (e.g. what NetBackup thinks is drive 1 is actually drive 2) - this is likely to cause you issues throughout tho'.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Possibly either:

• tapes have been put in your library manually & it has not been re-inventoried
  • your tapes have been mis-labelled & require re-labelling (will lose any data on them & will need to un-check the verify tape label option)
  • your library/tape drives have been mis-configured (e.g. what NetBackup thinks is drive 1 is actually drive 2) - this is likely to cause you issues throughout tho'.

rsakimoto
Level 5

Hi, I have done the inventory already. And I will take a look on the other two possiblities you suggested.

Thanks alot Andy.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Totally agree with Andy...

I have seen this when drives were incorrectly configured and wrong internal labels were written as a result.

Do you have persistent binding at HBA level? If not, drive device names will change each time server is rebooted - resulting in incorrect device config.

Are both these tapes (127FAO and DT3CBO) in the robot?

If so, use robtest to mount tapes one-by-one in a tape drive. 
Check Device Monitor to see what internal label is seen on the tape.
Dismount and mount next 'problematic' tape.

How do we fix this?
Hmmm... it all depends if there are valid backups on each of these tapes or not....

Use 'Tape List Report' or bpmedialist from cmd to check.

Please let us know - we can possibly suggest what to do next based on output of bpmedialist.

rsakimoto
Level 5

Hi,

You are right, I have found out that the frozen tapes where not properly labled internal.

127FAO is the barcode label of the tape that when inventoried read correctly. The DT3CBO was the label before. 'Coz tape was just reused. I have asked our tape librarian to re-check and relable the frozen tapes. Now its working. Thanks alot for your inputs. Cheers! :)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So - Andy's 2nd point was correct?

your tapes have been mis-labelled & require re-labelling (will lose any data on them & will need to un-check the verify tape label option)

Please mark his post as Solution.

rsakimoto
Level 5

Yes it is. Already marked it as solution. I'm gonna post another issue I am encountering on my Puredisk DR backup. Your input is again appreciated Marianne. Cheers!