cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info bpbrm<pidxxxx> error: Skipping (/Folder) :The File System is different from (/)

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Hi All

Backup jobs from Linux agent (RHEL,OEL) in Netbackup 7.x seems to be SUCCESSFUL.,but when we review the activity logs find out that some folders are skipped.+

My backup Selection is All_Local_Drives.

I 've attached some screenshots and i've selected some logs and i don't really know what does it mean and is it necessary for restore or not.

can you please help me to get the point or troubleshoot the issue please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As can be seen in this Technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52350

No need to back up socket special files - they are skipped on purpose, and this is normal behavior.

Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As can be seen in this Technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52350

No need to back up socket special files - they are skipped on purpose, and this is normal behavior.

Martin

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Socket, device and proc files do not need to be backed up. In the event of a system failure and you needing to restore everything, these files are recreated by the OS.

In fact, I would suggest you set-up an exclude list to prevent these being attempted for backup.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is no need to create an exclude list to skip files that NetBackup is going to skip by default.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Device files are not skipped by default, if I remember correctly.

shahram_dehghan
Level 4

Hi

Thanks for very good document.

as you can see in the screenshots /boot , /Misc and /Sys are skipping too is it ok?

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

/boot , /Misc and /Sys   are all covered by this point in the TN:

• Files or directories in a different file system if you do not set Cross Mount Points or include those mount points...

When / is getting backed up, all other mount points under / will be skipped in that section of the backup.

The file systems being skipped in the / backup will be backed up afterwards. All local filesystems that can be seen in 'df -h' output will be backed up one after the other.

If you select 'Allow multiple data streams', you will see a different job for each mount point.