Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is not a master server

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear experts,

i was check the bpcd log file from master and found strange issue "myserver is not a master server".

Master server (master server is windows 2008 7.5.0.4.)

client (myserver is a client server redhat 32bit 6.5.0.4.)

Any body have an idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Any connection from any server or client will go through exactly the same handshaking process as normal clients. So, perfectly normal.

I have never had any value for bpcd log on a master server unless master server was real backup client to another media server.

Because bpcd log on master server can grow very big and provides very little value, I delete the bpcd folder. If you are experiencing any issues, please post status code, backup/restore error message and full bpcd log.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

sksujeet
Level 6

Ya that's ok in bpcd it just tells that client is not a master server. What is the issue? If you have some communication issue between master and media then make sure forward and reverse lookup works fine from master/media to client and vice versa. Use the nslookup to check if all gets resolved.

If you still have issues post the complete information with logs

muhanad_daher
Level 6

i have 20 SAN media servers.  why this server only try to compare with all media servers.

"comparing XXXXXX and myserver", and should master compare with all (EMM server also).

Marianne
Level 6

Any connection from any server or client will go through exactly the same handshaking process as normal clients. So, perfectly normal.

I have never had any value for bpcd log on a master server unless master server was real backup client to another media server.

Because bpcd log on master server can grow very big and provides very little value, I delete the bpcd folder. If you are experiencing any issues, please post status code, backup/restore error message and full bpcd log.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It is just how NBU works, it always does that.

Martin

muhanad_daher
Level 6

Dears,

sorry for late,i update my master to 7.5.0.5 and the problem still available.  So, symantec will send EEB (hotfix) for this issue.

Marianne
Level 6

I honestly don't understand how the message in master's bpcd log is a problem.

It is perfectly normal as per my and Martin's posts above.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There will not be an EEB for this as it is designed to do this, and therefore is not a fault.. It is just how NBU works and is part of the logging.

It doesn't cause any issues.

Martin

muhanad_daher
Level 6

there is another problem we faced (DB problem), and EEB will solve the both as explaned to us.

Marianne
Level 6

Either explained incorrectly or you misunderstood....

The message is perfectly normal.

Please let us know once you have installed the EEB for the DB problem.

sksujeet
Level 6

Would you mind telling us the EEB that you are putting ? I am still not able to find what exactly is the issue?

muhanad_daher
Level 6

Sorry for late,  after long time waiting they told me this a normal issue, and EEB that i installed on master create unknown jobs and the situation now very bad.

thank you all.