cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any way to find whole 2017 backup history for one client even images already expired?

FlyMountain
   VIP   

For a special purpose, we are requested to provide whole 2017 backup history for one client. Some images already expired, tried with Console, NOM and command line but no lucky. We are on Netbackup 8.0. Any ideas?

thank you in advance !

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

not possible without OpsCenter Analytics which can log history up to several years, depending on the type of record.

P.S. I guess that "special purpose" is an auditor request..

Michal

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am always curious about these kinds of requests...

Why would records beyond expiration date be needed? 
The purpose of Retention Levels is that information and restores are no longer required or available after expiration date.

So, simply not possible.
You can only report on valid, unexpired backups.
Unless you have OpsCenter Analytics that has been configured as per @Michal_Mikulik1's post.

Genericus
   VIP   

You are SOL, unless you planned ahead. 

As already discussed, if you had setup the OPSCenter retention to be more than a year, you could generate a report there.

I have gotten around this by running a report of the next 24 hours backups and having my operations staff check off backups as they occur, and keeping a paper copy. I also have been able to print out the schedule of the expected backups, and a report showing that they ran as expected.

It should be reasonable to an auditor to validate the shedule and your process to validate that you have in fact been doing the backups as scheduled, even though they have expired and there is no record of them.

If you keep your catalog backups, you can restore your catalog and show the backups ( THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I WOULD EVER WANT TO DO!)

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS