cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is tpautoconf -report_disc still valid for NetBackup 6.0

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

I'm curious whether tpautoconf -report_disc still works for NetBackup 6.0 servers.

Once I run this command on NetBackup 6.0 media server, it produced a few messages of missing drives, whereas the drives mentioned in these messages are ok. So should I trust this tool in NetBackup 6.0?

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
May be it is reporting on a discrepancy that you are missing? e.g. a previous change that hasn't been 'updated' into the EMM.

If the output is detailing what you KNOW to be correct (paths, serial numbers etc) then try running the tpautoconf -replace_drive <drive_name> -path <drive_path> & see if it clears the 'issue'.

Will_Restore
Level 6
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -report_disc

"After you configure the server(s), use the -report_disc option to scan the current
hardware, and compare it with the configured hardware. A list of discrepancies is
produced and shows the replaced hardware, and the new hardware."

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
But this tool shows dirves that work fine as missing, that is what confuses me in its output.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
it may just be seeing a "different" tape drive.

We used to swap tape drives when tracing faults or before we bought SSO licences. We often had 'discrepancies' noted by tpautoconf -report_disc even tho' no problems were encountered. But, to prevent potential problems it was recommended that the tpautoconf -replace_drive <drive_name> -path <drive_path> be run so that the EMM d/b was consistent.

Have you tried the replace_drive option?