Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job not started

stefan_varga
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

how can I please debug jobs not started according schedule?

One particular should have been started but it is not ( excerpt from policy)

Schedule:          vmware_win_full_2weeks
  Type:            FULL (0)
  Frequency:       7 day(s) (604800 seconds)
  Maximum MPX:     2
  Synthetic:       0
  PFI Recovery:    0
  Retention Level: 1 (2 weeks)
  u-wind/o/d:      0 0
  Incr Type:       DELTA (0)
  Alt Read Host:   (none defined)
  Max Frag Size:   0 MB 
  Number Copies:   1 
  Fail on Error:   0
  Residence:       (specific storage unit not required)
  Volume Pool:     (same as policy volume pool)
  Server Group:    (same as specified for policy)
  Residence is Storage Lifecycle Policy:     0
  Daily Windows:^M  
   Day         Open       Close       W-Open     W-Close
   Sunday      014:00:00  018:00:00   014:00:00  018:00:00 
   Monday      000:00:00  000:00:00
   Tuesday     000:00:00  000:00:00
   Wednesday   000:00:00  000:00:00
   Thursday    000:00:00  000:00:00
   Friday      000:00:00  000:00:00
   Saturday    000:00:00  000:00:00

what logs, command should I check to see if it was even included in some list of scheduled jobs.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

do you manually run it on the Monday? & then it fails to run again the following week so you run it again manually & so on & so forth?

With the window open on the Sunday & a frequency set to 7 days, when/if you manually run the job on Monday then it will next be due to run 7 days later i.e. Monday at which point the window is no longer open.

Drop the frequency to less than 7 days - you could even drop it to as little as 5 hours as it looks like your backup window is only open for 4 hours. That'll mean that after 5 hours the backup will be ready to run again when the wwindow next opens i.e. Sunday or whatever.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

nbpemreq -predict_all -date mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss       This will show what NetBackup thinks should run at/by a certain time in future.

You can also check vxlogview to check nbpem, originator id 116, while you're running the the command listed above.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

do you manually run it on the Monday? & then it fails to run again the following week so you run it again manually & so on & so forth?

With the window open on the Sunday & a frequency set to 7 days, when/if you manually run the job on Monday then it will next be due to run 7 days later i.e. Monday at which point the window is no longer open.

Drop the frequency to less than 7 days - you could even drop it to as little as 5 hours as it looks like your backup window is only open for 4 hours. That'll mean that after 5 hours the backup will be ready to run again when the wwindow next opens i.e. Sunday or whatever.

stefan_varga
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Andy, 

exactly, I will reschedule it to 1 day.

Thank you.