cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login in JAVA cosole only if they are logged in system with same account

puneetd
Level 3

Hi,

I want to increase security for Netbackup JAVA console. I wants to set some authorized users who can login in JAVA cosole only if they are logged in system with their own account. I mean the user login account and netbackup account both should be same and the account is created in Active Directory. 

For example, I create an user named as user1 and make it Netbackup administrator. Now if the user is logged in the server with user1 and try to login in JAVA console with user1 only then the JAVA admin console will open and if he try to open it with user2, JAVA console will not open.

If my query is correct and it is possible then please provide the steps or guide me to get the required result.

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Your requirement is clear but I think you're missing the point. You say "I wants to set some authorized users who can login in JAVA cosole only if they are logged in system with their own account". 

How would someone log into the system with someone else's account. That would be a security breach, correct? If an administrator is working on the system he should login with his account with his password that only he knows. If he is not working on the system he should be locking or logging off. Hence, nobody but him will be able to log into the JAVA console but him, and since he doesn't (shouldn't) know anyone else's password, it would be impossible to perform such an action.

Agree?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can read up about creating auth.conf in  NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

Search for this topic:

About authorizing NetBackup users

watsons
Level 6

The new Netbackup version 7.7.3 & 8.0 already has some security enhancements. It will show you "recent login activity" so a user will know when he/she last login or if there was any attempted failure to login.

If you are referring to AD user on a Windows env., launching Netbackup Java GUI there is a "Use Active Directory Login credential", you can enforce your user to check that so it always use back its own login account. The only thing I am not sure is how you can prevent your user from "unchecking" that box. 

It may be a solution that if we prevent the other users from unchecking box. I read and test auth.conf configuration as suggested by I edit it for a user and change permission for a single user. It shows good result but applies for all users.