cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lotus notes problem

marek_k
Level 3
Hi.. I have a problem with backup (hot) and restore of lotus notes database on linux server.. Backup is done without any errors and warnings but lotus databases have only 2GB in backup even if database has for example 20GB. If I want to restore database it has only 2GB.. Restore is done without any errors.. What should I do ???
/netbackup enterprise 5.1 mp3

regards
marekk
8 REPLIES 8

Martin_Rohrbach
Level 3
Hmm, if the database only contains 2GB of data and hasn't been compacted for a while than I'd expect the agent to only backup 2GB and ignore the 18GB whitespace ...

... could that be the issue?

Martin

marek_k
Level 3
there are 3 databases 20,18,32 GB .. each database file has 2GB only in backup

Martin_Rohrbach
Level 3
Where do you get this "2GB" from? It it what it says in the Activity Monitor? What does it say for "Kilobytes" on the "Client Backups" report? Are you backing up to disk? In that case NetBackup creates seperate 2GB files for images >2GB.

marek_k
Level 3
Backup is on tape.. 2GB size I can see in Backup, Archive and Restore Console

IP_Freely
Level 4
Do this and let me know what happens.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21168988

marek_k
Level 3
Hmm this is not timeout problem, backup is starting immediately and finishing without errors. I can see in activity monitor actual size of date backed up and "total" size and after backup reaches "total" size it finishes with status 0 (without errors and warnings). Problem is I think with size of backup recorded in netbackup catalog database. Why it says that each lotus database has only 2GB ??

Is there any lotus application which I can use to test hot backup ??

Message was edited by:
marek k

MayurS
Level 6
Marek,

I have not worked with lotus notes backup but check that you are schedulling a Full backup.

MayurS
Level 6
Create bpbkar folder in the logs diretoryon the Notes client
Set the lotus notes Client server's Logging level to 5 and fire a backup.
Retrieve the log file forom the bpbkar folder and paste the containts here.