cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mount point for cbrm/ndmp

muchocheko
Level 3

I've created an NDMP policy to backup our EMC Centera.  We've already got a CBRM server (Win 2003) set up and I've verified that the NDMP server (my master server - also Win 2003) can successfully talk to it.  I'm running NBU 6.5.1 on the master and media servers.

The problem I'm having is that I don't know what the mount point for the  backup selection is.  When I am in the policy, I can't browse to the server and select what to backup.  It says its unable to connect to the netbackup host (the cbrm server).  I assumed this was ok since I already verifed it can talk to the CBRM via the commands, and it's not a regular windows policy.

I've looked in the Symantec documentation and EMC documentation and no where does it specify how to find out what the mount points are or anything like that.  It's not like a mapped drive in Windows.

This is all I have in the backup selections at this point:

set type=centera
set hist=y
set fstype=ufs
set profile=cbrm

I've tried several different things like /,  /centera, /vol and just leaving it blank.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bakitup
Level 4

You may want to create bpbkar on the windows server where you are running cbrm.  Also validate your cbrm.pea file.  Lastly look for errors in the %installpath%\emc\cbrm\diag logs.

I assume it has never worked?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bakitup
Level 4

Here is what our Backup Selection looks like for the Centera backups

set profile=cbrm

set type=centera

set hist=y

set fstype=ufs

/centera

muchocheko
Level 3

Hey Jeff,

I tried that and got the same response.  Thanks, but it seems like either the CBRM host or the NDMP server can't see what it's supposed to be backing up.

Is there a way I can test that the backup selection is correct?

bakitup
Level 4

You may want to create bpbkar on the windows server where you are running cbrm.  Also validate your cbrm.pea file.  Lastly look for errors in the %installpath%\emc\cbrm\diag logs.

I assume it has never worked?

muchocheko
Level 3

I think the pea file is good.  I will try those other items you mentioned.

You are correct, this has not worked yet.

thanks

Dan

bakitup
Level 4

A few other things to verify. 

1. Have a local admin account on the server where cbrm is installed.  THis is used for NDMP authorization.

2. The server that has CBRM installed must be the NetBackup client in the Policy and it must be an NDMP client.

3. Verify CBRM server is listed as NDMP server

- Run "nbemmcmd -listhost"

- You should see the server where CBRM is installed as ndmp

- If not add as ndmp host

- "nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename {server where cbrm is installed} -machinetype ndmp"

4. Verify that the authorization works to NDMP. 

- From master server :  "tpautoconf -verify {servername where cbrm is installed}"

- It should come back with various information and "login successful"

- If login fails create authorization

- "tpconfigaddnh {cbrm host}user_id {userid}password {password}"

- userid and password is from the local admin account created on the cbrm server

Hope some of these helps you.  It is quite painful getting the cbrm backups to work.

Message Edited by bakitup on 08-12-2008 07:04 PM

muchocheko
Level 3

Jeff,

We went back and checked the pea file anyway, and you were right.  The pea file was all messed up. When we created the pea file with the EMC utility, we also exported it with the same utility.  Some time in the export process, it was altered.  We went back, generated a new pea file, placed it in the right spot and it ran like a champ.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dan