cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbatd is failing to start

AZ_Dave
Level 3

Hi.

I'm running NB 7.6.0.3 on Solaris 11 x86 OS.

When I restart NetBackup nbatd silently dies. In my messages log I see "Dec  9 10:27:48 wayback nbatd[17474]: [ID 702911 user.error] V-18-24591 Broker has mismatched keypair".

Searching the net, this forum and the documentation I cannot find any way to fix/regenerate these key pairs.

Any ideas or is this a job for symantec support?

This is not an emergency, my backups are running fine. I'm just trying to set up a trusted relationship with another master server.

Thanks!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AZ_Dave
Level 3

The following fixed my problem. It's probably a very obscure situation but maybe it can help someone in the future.

Check for files here:

/usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data/root/.VRTSat/profile/certstore/*.0

If so move them, restart NB, then

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpnbaz -ConfigureAuth

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

watsons
Level 6

So this Solaris box is a master server with NBAC setup?

You can setup the verbose nbatd logs (DebugLevel=6 for OID=18) using vxlogcfg, see if there is anything useful about the error. The log folder is in  /usr/openv/logs/nbatd/

Usually for key generation, remove the previous/existing key and re-run the service will do, but again it's better to check with Support first.

AZ_Dave
Level 3

Hi Watsons,

Thanks for your help. I don't know where the keys are stored so I've opened a low sev case with support.

I'll try to update this thread when I hear back from them.

Thanks again,

David

AZ_Dave
Level 3

The following fixed my problem. It's probably a very obscure situation but maybe it can help someone in the future.

Check for files here:

/usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data/root/.VRTSat/profile/certstore/*.0

If so move them, restart NB, then

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpnbaz -ConfigureAuth

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified