cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbcc error CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_6_4

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

currently im performing a netbackup upgrade for 7.0.1 to 7.5.

But when i try to run the nbcc command , i got a error CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_6_4 .

Once thing , i found that customer environment dont allow pinging between master and media server.

It is a must to ensure that the hosts can be pingable or it is a way to bypass the nbcc utility to ignore the icmp?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Primary and associated alias hostnames:                                  -
- Media_Server_1 Media_Server_1.abc.com                                         -
- Primary and associated IP addresses:                                     -
- 1.1.1.1                                                             -
- Sources:                                                                 -
- config_file bpstulist nbemmcmd                                           -
- MediaDB host = up   VolDB host = no  Disk STU host = no                  -
- Member of Server Group = no                                              -
- Media server NetBackup version = 7.0                                     -
- Primary hostname ping results:                                           -
- Failed - No IP address detected                                          -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No - do NOT post up the server alias file.

NBCC is too complex to analize without running through the proper NBCCA tool which only Symantec support should do.

1. The server alias file may be wrong/ may be correct - but this on it's own is useless, as to correct it, you need to consider the output of the NBCC files produced when you run NBCC, and also what is in the EMM database.

It is quicker for demo4119 to log a call with Symantec, and to get a TSE to sort it out .

I would actually recommend download ing NBCC 7.5  - this is slightly more simple as there is no server-alias file, but NBCC has to be correct, so there could still be issues.

I am not aware of any options to turn on/ off icmp.

The nbcc-gather.txt file will show if the nbcc collection completed.

Martin

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

This code actually indicates that the media ID was found in multiple media DBs from different servers.

(or at least NBCC thinks they are different servers)

Can you grep  or find the media id in the nbcc-bpimagelist-l.txt file and post it here?

Also could you post up the entries in your netbackup\bin\support\config\nbcc-server-aliases file  (if you have to mask the IPs that is fine).

If you have multiple NICs for this media server for example: media1 and media1-bk and they are in the nbcc-server-aliases file on separate lines, change them:

Wrong:

10.10.10.1 media1

10.10.11.2 media1-bk

Should look like

10.10.10.1 10.10.11.2 media1 media1-bk

Then re-run NBCC

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No - do NOT post up the server alias file.

NBCC is too complex to analize without running through the proper NBCCA tool which only Symantec support should do.

1. The server alias file may be wrong/ may be correct - but this on it's own is useless, as to correct it, you need to consider the output of the NBCC files produced when you run NBCC, and also what is in the EMM database.

It is quicker for demo4119 to log a call with Symantec, and to get a TSE to sort it out .

I would actually recommend download ing NBCC 7.5  - this is slightly more simple as there is no server-alias file, but NBCC has to be correct, so there could still be issues.

I am not aware of any options to turn on/ off icmp.

The nbcc-gather.txt file will show if the nbcc collection completed.

Martin

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I agree that it is better to use NBCC 7.5 but disagree that fixing the nbcc-server-aliases file (with this version) will not help to get to the bottom of this issue IF he has multiple hosts in his SERVER list and in the server aliases for his NICs on a singular physical host. It's not a definite that is the cause, but I have seen it quite a few times.

I'm also not comfortable with the OP posting his nbcc-server-aliases, hence why I included a brief example.

For the record, NBCC 7.5 can be downloaded here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH156730

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I thought that nbcc-server-aliases file was no longer used in recent nbcc versions?

The original question was:

It is a must to ensure that the hosts can be pingable or it is a way to bypass the nbcc utility to ignore the icmp?

I have seen in customer environments with multiple media servers in DMZ's that ping was disabled but everything working fine because required firewall ports are open...

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I'm overly bothered about the ip addresses - but it could be more than the server-alias file that needs fixing.  As you need Symantec to run nbcca anyway - it's quicker to let a TSE sort it all out with easy access to details.

NBCC can be simple, it can also be complex - I think this forum is excellent, but it is not the place for NBCC.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

NBCC 7.5 has dropped the server-alias file, previous versions still use it.

Interestingly, 7.5 now dumps the EMM DB out into the NBCC output dir.

M

demo4119
Level 6

So nbcc 7.5 running on the NBU 7.0.1 shouldnt be a issue right?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Correct.

See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156730 :

- Upgrade scenarios:
    The NBCC 7.5 utility:
      - Should be applied to the NetBackup master server.
      - Is compatible with NetBackup versions 6.X and 7.X.
      - Can be run in environments where previous versions of NBCC have
        been run.

demo4119
Level 6

i have checked just a moment ago. Anyway i have logged a case with support to check and advise.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think this is the best way - I stringly believe the NBCC issues should stay away from the forum - they can get too complex and there is a risk of data loss if done incorrectly.

NBCC 7.5 does away with the server-alias file, which makes things easier.  However, EMM can still be incorrect which could still cause NBCC to have issues or not run. 

Martin

demo4119
Level 6

TSE advise to run the nbcc on 7.5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

... yep, so did this one   ;0)

demo4119
Level 6

I have run the NBCC 7.5 and it work prefectly fine.