cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbdb password change

X2
   VIP   

Need to change the nbdb password for all my domains (running 9.1.1). I used the 8.1 documentation last time when I set it during an upgrade to 8.1.1. I was just wondering if there is anything else (within NetBackup) which might be affected after the nbdb password change. I don't have any scripts querying the nbdb though.

Bonus question: can nbdb password change be done live while NetBackup is running? Is restart of NetBackup required?

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

HI @X2 

Changing the password using the "nbdb_admin -dba <new pwd>" command will take care of everything that is normally required (you don't have anything querying the DB directly, so there shouldn't be anything else to be done).

The command takes care of updating the vxdbms.conf file with the new password.

Cheers
David

Hamza_H
   VIP   
I agree with David, nbdb will change the password and take care of the rest.. I had the same doubt earlier this week..
Regarding the bonus question, I think you will need certain services to be running for nbdb to run successfully .. If you have to master on a VM I recommand u to take a snapshot and try it with netbackups services up..

Hi @X2 

I missed the bonus question. @Hamza_H is correct at a minimum the DB needs to be running (NB_dbsrv). It can most certainly be done while NetBackup is fully up and operational.

If you do change the DBA password, it will tell you you need to restart of the "NetBackup Web Management Console service". 

Cheers
David