Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbemmcmd -deletehost fails

heinkel
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all

Here is the situation:

Master server "backup1" running on Windows 2008 R2, NetBackup 7.6.0.1, no additional mediaserver. Fresh 7601 install, no upgrade

Another Masterserver "backup2" running same OS, same NBU version, one additional mediaserver.Fresh 7601 install, no upgrade

Both configured with OST-plugin to enable DDboost to one individual DataDomain system each.

Plugin from DD installed on both mediaservers.

Purpose of this was to use A.I.R from "backup1" to "backup2"

StorageServer configuration using Wizard, complete with DiskPool and STU, for both Masters.

The DD system connected to "backup1" was not configured for replication.

SInce the STU was created on both nodes, we tried with nbdevconfig -updatedp to add "replication source" for STU on "backup1" and "replication target" for STU on "backup2"

A.I.R was doing its magic.

Now I want to remove that configuration, and did this:

removed "backup2" as Trusted Master using GUI (host prop>servers on "backup1" Master)

checked with nbemmcmd -listhost to see if the change was reflected in EMM db.

For "backup2" it was ok, for "backup1" it has removed target_master, but I have a replication_host listed in nbemmcmd -listhost output, with the name of Unknown.

nbemmcmd -deletehost errors with SQL error 193, which is a generic error.

I can see in STU config that not matter recreation (delete and recreate) of the STU, it has the flag "replication source" tied to it.

How do I get rid of that Unknown Replication_host from EMM database???

Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

look like a known issue: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212092

Prepare for nbdb_unload output so support can take a look and provide SQL to clean the entry out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Apologies for missing your post.

Seems the only way to get rid of Unknown Replication_host is to log a call with Symantec Support.

They will help you with SQL scripts to get rd of this entry.

Please let us know how it goes.

watsons
Level 6

look like a known issue: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212092

Prepare for nbdb_unload output so support can take a look and provide SQL to clean the entry out.