cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbrestorevm error 2820

LanLin
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

LocalNBU_Hostname=nbu  LocalEsxi_Hostname=esxi1 RemoteNBU_Hostname=backnbu RemoteEsxi_Hostname=esxi2 BackupVM_DisplayName=win2003  In the nbu backup domain,I backup the win2003 virtualmachine from esxi1 and air to the backnbu . I can restore the win2003 from GUI,but can not use the nbrestorevm ,error code 2820

[root@backnbu bin]# ./nbrestorevm  -vmw -C win2003 -R /root/absolute_path_to_rename_file -S backnbu

[root@backnbu ~]# more absolute_path_to_rename_file 
change esxhost to esxi2
change datacenter to None
change folder to None
change resourcepool to /ha_datacenter/host/esxi2/Resources
change datastore to datastore1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

are you planing to chage the Datacetner and Folder to None or would you like to leave it as default .

if you are planing to leave it as default, Do not want to specify , remove those entries and try again..

Remove below 2:- 

change folder to None

keep below :-

change esxhost to esxi2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

are you planing to chage the Datacetner and Folder to None or would you like to leave it as default .

if you are planing to leave it as default, Do not want to specify , remove those entries and try again..

Remove below 2:- 

change folder to None

keep below :-

change esxhost to esxi2

LanLin
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
I Add chang vmdk and it's ok now [root@backnbu scripts]# more dfs01 change /D1013/DFS01/DFS01-000002.vmdk to /A117/DFS01/DFS01-000002.vmdk change esxhost to 192.168.100.144 change datacenter to /TEST change folder to /TEST/vm/AIR change resourcepool to /TEST/host/hd-cluster/Resources/Restore change datastore to A117