cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbstlutil cancel does not work

lu
Level 6
Hi ! I have a few images that NBU tries to duplicate but there was a disk crash on a media server and these images are lost. So NBU tries to duplicate them and exits with the error 191. The problem is that "nbstlutil cancel/inactive -force -backupid xxx" does not work... Is there a way to tell NBU to forget those images ? TIA, Lu.
5 REPLIES 5

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,
What netbackup version you have?
If you have any netbackup version prior to 6.5.5, it is better to upgrade. 6.5.6 is out.
nbstlutil cancel is working in my environment.

If you have lost these backups, do not try to cancel the SLP. Just expire them form the database.
Use the command
 bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <backupid>
Stefanos

lu
Level 6
6.5.4. I've tried to expire the image, but the image does not exist anymore... So you see the problem, NBU tried to duplicate a non existing image :(

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified
I think still you can visible that backupid in catalog , because untill the image gets expired it will be available in catalog .

Please verify over there and check if you can able to get the imageid of that clients for thet perticular day .

Then you can try to delete .

Regards,
rajesh

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes,
You go to GUI->catalog and select the disk storage. Select all images and expire them

or you can run the command
bpimmedia -d 01/01/2010 -mediaid <your disk path> -h <hostname>.

then run the command
bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <the backupid>

If you can not delete them, try to find the image files at netbackup/db/images/hostname  and delete it manualy.

lu
Level 6
In fact I had a problem with a bpdm binary crashing. Now that's ok, and everything is working properly.