cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbu client 7.6.1

HeadOffice
Level 3

Hi All

I recently installed NBU 7.6.1. My backups are running except for a few clients that cannot connect. However when I try to restore the all clients cannot connect to the master server.

I tried to put the SQL Credentials manually and that does not work.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU needs port connectivity on pbx ( port 1556) and forward and reverse name lookup between master and client and between media server and client. So, firstly ping between server and client using hostname and then check that OS firewall on clients are turned off. To test connectivity, do the following : Create bpcd log folder on the client. On master server, run this test from cmd: bptestbpcd -client (client-name) -debug -verbose Do the same on media server(s) if you have any. Post output of command and client's bpcd log. Copy the the log file to bpcd.txt and upload as File attachment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
NBU needs port connectivity on pbx ( port 1556) and forward and reverse name lookup between master and client and between media server and client. So, firstly ping between server and client using hostname and then check that OS firewall on clients are turned off. To test connectivity, do the following : Create bpcd log folder on the client. On master server, run this test from cmd: bptestbpcd -client (client-name) -debug -verbose Do the same on media server(s) if you have any. Post output of command and client's bpcd log. Copy the the log file to bpcd.txt and upload as File attachment.

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

do as Marianne advised.

you can use telnet cmd from master and client on port 1556

from master:

telnet client 1556

from client

telnet naster 1556

Marianne
bptestbpcd will test name lookup as well as port connectivity (similar to telnet ).