Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to check the NDMP backup size for different volumes using comand line

hariharan24
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

I need to get the individual backup size of each and every volume backed up for a particular filer using command line.,

I tried to fetch the report using ops center with job directory & job protected size enabled  - but my report is shwoing wrong value.,

Hence is there a possibility to get an ouput in Command line which results the selection list & size of the backup for a particular volume?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no single command to do this - you will have to combine bpimagelist and bplist commands.

The assumption here is that each volume is backed up in own backup job/stream, right?

So, first get a list of exact start-time and backup size for each backup job with bpimagelist (options such as -U and/or -L).

Use bplist with the backup start-time as begin and end-date (-s and -e)  mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and just list 2 or 3 levels with -R option (-R 3 /).

Command usage for both commands in NetBackup Commands Reference Guide:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5182 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no single command to do this - you will have to combine bpimagelist and bplist commands.

The assumption here is that each volume is backed up in own backup job/stream, right?

So, first get a list of exact start-time and backup size for each backup job with bpimagelist (options such as -U and/or -L).

Use bplist with the backup start-time as begin and end-date (-s and -e)  mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and just list 2 or 3 levels with -R option (-R 3 /).

Command usage for both commands in NetBackup Commands Reference Guide:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5182 

jim_dalton
Level 6

If your interest is purely in the data on the filer and something like cifs data then you might need to use a specfic tool for the job such as treesize pro.Jim.

hariharan24
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Marianne,

I can able to do it with the help of 2 commands - bplist & bpimagelist