cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to pull out the list of clients that are using particular media server..

rahul466
Level 3

My Envirnoment is having Master 7.1.0.3 Solaris and have multiple's of media server.

Fore some reporting purpose i need to pull out the list of clients that are using particular media server..

There are apprx 500+ clients under this master...is there any command that i can use to find the list of clients using any specific media server for backup???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi Rahul,

do you have storage unit Groups using for the polices  which are having the storage units for different media servers?

if that is the case,  you will have multiple media servers taking the backups of same client.

take the copy of activity moniter to excle sheet,  and use your filer , soft skill to get your desired info.. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla

hi Rahul,

do you have storage unit Groups using for the polices  which are having the storage units for different media servers?

if that is the case,  you will have multiple media servers taking the backups of same client.

take the copy of activity moniter to excle sheet,  and use your filer , soft skill to get your desired info.. 

Will_Restore
Level 6

no direct relation that I know of  client <-> media server

clients are in a policy

policy has destination storage

storage unit has a media server

rahul466
Level 3

Thanks Nagalla for your reply.

Yes we are using Storage unit groups for the policies.....

information for the media servers that i am looking for are only listed in a storage group(ther are no other media server part of that Storage Unit group)

any other step or scripts may be

RamNagalla

so as you have STU groups, you definatly end up with multiple media servers for same client.

best way is to dump into excle sheet and try filters..

other than that you can try from bpdbjobs with some scripts.(but I am not sure on scripting)

rahul466
Level 3

Thanks...

Will copy and apply filter from Activity Monitor...