cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup 7.0 and exchange 2010 probelm( can't find directive set database availability group)

Ahmad_Hassaan
Level 2
we have Netbackup 6.5 installed ,so we upgraded to NB 7.0 ,but when I make MS-Exchange policy and then go to backup selection ,I can't find the directive set  "Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups" .
if i make a fresh installation of NB 7.0 , I can see MS-Exchange DAG.
i thought there is a problem with my upgrade ,so i decided to install 6.5 to new server and then upgarde it to NB 7.0 ,but i still can't see MS-Exchange DAG, i make three scenarios of upgrading as foolowing :
1- install 6.5 ,upgrade to 7.0. ( no luck)
2- again install 6.5,remove exchange licenses,upgrade to 7.0 ,apply exchange license ( no luck)
3- again install 6.5,remove licenses,remove all exchange policies,upgrade to 7.0,apply licenses.( no luck)
all previous scenarios failed to bring the MS-Exchange DAG.
till now the only way to have MS-Exchange DAG ,is to make new installation of NB 7.0
anyone face this problem ??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scott_Chapman
Level 4
Just cut and paste the following into the file list... it works... they don't seem to have a directive set for exchange 2010 yet either:
Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\

This is exactly what i've done and it works just fine.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scott_Chapman
Level 4
Just cut and paste the following into the file list... it works... they don't seem to have a directive set for exchange 2010 yet either:
Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\

This is exactly what i've done and it works just fine.

Thanks.

Ahmad_Hassaan
Level 2
Hi Scott ,
 thanks for your reply ,i'll test it once i got to customer site, but Netbackup 7.0 is having exchange 2010 ,but to have it you must make a new installation of NB 7.0 ,not an upgrade.

Ahmad_Hassaan
Level 2
Hi Scott,
 your recommend is really helpful and succeeded ,thanks man

Scott_Chapman
Level 4
That's great!

Maybe make this as solved so that other know it was fixed and what the solution was.