cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup 7.6 GUI menu san clients not found

pepo
Level 3

Hello.

I install netbackup 7.6.0.2 but not found menu san clients in GUI. 

What do i have to do or is it normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Pepo,

It looks like you have found SAN Clients in the GUI - your screenshot shows is.  It's just that you don't see any clients there, correct?

I'm not sure if you have all that configured yet, so may be the reason.  As Marianne stated, it only works with certain QLogic HBA's.  Licensing may come into it as well, so could depend on your license.

PS:  I hope you are aware that NetBackup versions 7.6.x and below are no longer supported?

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SAN client is not supported on Windows media server. Only on Solaris and Linux with certain QLogic hba's. 

It also requires special configuration. Same as a tape library and drives that are not in the GUI if you have not configured it. 

Hello Marianne.

Master server install on windows and media server install on solaris11. 

other server  I install netbackup same but have san clients menu.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Pepo,

It looks like you have found SAN Clients in the GUI - your screenshot shows is.  It's just that you don't see any clients there, correct?

I'm not sure if you have all that configured yet, so may be the reason.  As Marianne stated, it only works with certain QLogic HBA's.  Licensing may come into it as well, so could depend on your license.

PS:  I hope you are aware that NetBackup versions 7.6.x and below are no longer supported?

Hope this helps,

Steve

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@pepo

Are you planning SAN client config on you Solaris media server?

If so, PLEASE do not not attempt this while you are on EOSL NBU version.

If you read through the SAN Client admin guide, you will see that it is not an easy config. You will find lots of forum discussions where users were battling with initial config.

Please only consider this once you are on a supported NBU version.