Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup agent

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified
Hello forum
i have some questions please,
1-does the client software installation is the only agent in use for all kind of servers (oracle,exchange .... ) ?
2-does installing master server will also install media server or i need to install media server also on master server ?
3-if i have many server 17 ,and backup will be made locally on each ,i have to install media sever on each one,my question is : should i install media sever first than master server ?
Appreciate your feedback
Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

1. It depends on NBU version - NBU 7 client includes all agents (Unix & Windows). 6.5 Windows client includes all agents, Unix client need separate install for each agent.
2.Master and media server are both installed with exact same Server software. During installation you will answer questions that will determine Master or Media server configuration.
3. Master server must be installed first, then (San) media servers.

Install master, then add media server in a phased approach - configure devices, storage unit and policies after each media server install. Only continue with next media server once the new server is working fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6

1. It depends on NBU version - NBU 7 client includes all agents (Unix & Windows). 6.5 Windows client includes all agents, Unix client need separate install for each agent.
2.Master and media server are both installed with exact same Server software. During installation you will answer questions that will determine Master or Media server configuration.
3. Master server must be installed first, then (San) media servers.

Install master, then add media server in a phased approach - configure devices, storage unit and policies after each media server install. Only continue with next media server once the new server is working fine.

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified
thank you Marianne

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified
thank you

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have marked Mariannes post as solution as she provided you with .... well, the solution!

***EDIT***

TWICE now

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi,
I'm new to NBU and will start learning it. I have one complementation question:
-When you talk about "NBU 7 client " does this match the Client software (1,5GB download on fileconnect) contains all clients / agents ?
Regards
Bernard

Marianne
Level 6

Any reason why you marked your own post as solution?

Surely 'thank you' is not the answer to your question?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Maybe a slip of the mouse-button? wink

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

because you have answered on my question on

Marianne
Level 6

Thanks JJ58 - you have previously marked your own posts as solution and not the post that has answered your question. 

The idea with marking a solution is not only to award points to the person that provided the answer, but to provide a direct link to the solution right at the top of the post:

This issue has been solved. See solution.

This link will in future help other users that have the same question/problem.