cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup configuration error

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi All,

In our setup we used netbackup for last three months.It was firewall restricted. Now its come out of firewall. They have created a separate VLAN for netbackup and its now out of firewall.All the servers(Master,Media and clients) are assigned with a new ip and hostname.This setup is to reduce the network trafic and for firewall free. I have changed the hostname and ip segment in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf of all the servers using command line in solaris. But now in the GUI I am unable to see the old setting that I have done . In the activity monitor too its not showing anythingThis is the error I am getting "New server Name not found in netbackup configuration" and "Unable to connect Enterprice Media manager 77". It was working fine for last three months.Guide me to resolve this issue.I am new to this netbackup.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

I have changed the new host name in the following files ,

#cd /usr/openv

./db/bin/servername

./db/data/vxdbms.conf

./netbackup/db/config/sync -- change doubt

./tmp/sqlany/nbdbms_start_server.out -- no need

./var/license.txt -- don't change

./tmp/nbdbms_start_server.out

/usr/openv/db/bin/NB_dbsrv

/usr/openv/var/global/server.conf

/usr/openv/var/global/databases.conf

./netbackup/version_master

Then restarted the netbackup. Now I can access the Master server from GUI. But I did the same changes in the media server but I unable to access the media server.Help me to configure media servers. And can I configure robot from the new console?.Is this action will delete any backup in the tape?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
You have made a good decision to move to a private network solution. Unfortunately it sounds like the path you chose was not scouted very well. There are many traps and gotchas in this adventure.

What I would do? You have 3 months invested in NetBackup. The images could be imported if you would need to do a restore. I would convince a complete, line in the sand, solution to management. Start over from scratch otherwise you may be still trying to fix this in the next three months.

Think of the first three months as training time.

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

That is not a problem.Its intial setup only I can configure that again.But for that I need to take console na?.Give me an idea to resolve GUI problem.

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

I have changed the new host name in the following files ,

#cd /usr/openv

./db/bin/servername

./db/data/vxdbms.conf

./netbackup/db/config/sync -- change doubt

./tmp/sqlany/nbdbms_start_server.out -- no need

./var/license.txt -- don't change

./tmp/nbdbms_start_server.out

/usr/openv/db/bin/NB_dbsrv

/usr/openv/var/global/server.conf

/usr/openv/var/global/databases.conf

./netbackup/version_master

Then restarted the netbackup. Now I can access the Master server from GUI. But I did the same changes in the media server but I unable to access the media server.Help me to configure media servers. And can I configure robot from the new console?.Is this action will delete any backup in the tape?