cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup platform base complete edition license

jeorainc
Level 4

Hi All,

I want to know if the titled license include the accelerator and deduplication pool feature.

I googled and find some discussion articles, but no official guide:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-platform-base-complete-edition-licensing

[quote]

Platform Base – Complete Edition
The Complete Edition includes the following NetBackup features and products as a part of the licensing. There is no distinction made between the source and type of protection.

· NetBackup Enterprise Server
· NetBackup Replication Director · NetBackup Search
· NetBackup Server · NetBackup Shared Storage Option · OpsCenter Analytics
· NetBackup Enterprise Disk · NetBackup NDMP Option · NetBackup SAP Agent
· NetBackup Enterprise Client · NetBackup Vault Option · NetBackup Application & DB Pack
· NetBackup Standard Client · NetBackup Library Based Tape Drive

[/quote]

If the quoted paragraph is correct, there is no data optimization option, meaning I cannot use accelerator?

And I am not sure if the Enterprise disk include the disk deduplication feature...

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Data optimization is included in platform now. And Data optimization includes accelerator.

New Entitlement Mappings for NetBackup 7.6

With the release of NetBackup 7.6, certain options have been discontinued and replaced by other options or entitlements.

In the Standard licensing model, Data Protection Optimization Option (DPOO) replaces the Enterprise Disk Option (EDO). Customers who have EDO from previous NetBackup versions are entitled to use the same quantity of the DPOO licenses. The same goes for the NetBackup Infrastructure SKUs, which are now mapped to the Platform Base Complete Edition SKUs.

In the Platform Base licensing model, Data Protection Optimization Add-on has been discontinued and included in the Platform Base license at no additional cost, in both Complete and NDMP Editions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Hello,

Data optimization is included in platform now. And Data optimization includes accelerator.

New Entitlement Mappings for NetBackup 7.6

With the release of NetBackup 7.6, certain options have been discontinued and replaced by other options or entitlements.

In the Standard licensing model, Data Protection Optimization Option (DPOO) replaces the Enterprise Disk Option (EDO). Customers who have EDO from previous NetBackup versions are entitled to use the same quantity of the DPOO licenses. The same goes for the NetBackup Infrastructure SKUs, which are now mapped to the Platform Base Complete Edition SKUs.

In the Platform Base licensing model, Data Protection Optimization Add-on has been discontinued and included in the Platform Base license at no additional cost, in both Complete and NDMP Editions.

jeorainc
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks very much for your advise! 2 more things to ask:

1. Does this license allow me to use MSDP? I have only one master server and it is also the media server.

2. Does this license allow me to use the vault management?

Thanks very much for your help!!!

RiaanBadenhorst
  1. Yes. Although not recommended to run MSDP on the master unless you only backup very few clients.
  2. Yes