cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup remote java console on windows server 2012

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

I'm trying to connect another master server(windows 2012) from windows 2012 server using netbackup java console, I'm able to login with credentials however its just showing BAR gui of maste server.

I have added the server name in master servers as additional server.

Please help, I want to have full access of master server from windows server using netbackup java console.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I was saying try those steps. You can see that the user in that post had a similar issue that was fixed by those steps. The next step would be to enable logging.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne

Have you created auth.conf on the master server and added user (domainname\username) along with priveleges?

See Chapter 32 Using the NetBackup-Java administration console in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Could also be related to the firewall and/or name resolution between the client/server.

Check that 1556 and 13724 is open inbound on both systems.

Another thing can be if ipv6 is enabled, but there isn't name resolution setup for ipv6.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

If I create auth.conf file & add entries(access previleges), does this change affect ongoing backups.

for your information both are in different domain.

Micheal,

conectivity looks good. I can able to  launch & login however access is restricted to only BAR gui.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it will not have any impact on backups.. go ahead and add user entires in auth.conf and try again.

Marianne

for your information both are in different domain.

The domain\username in auth.conf must be a user name with local admin rights on the master server. 

**** EDIT ***

Have a look at the solution in this post: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-java-console-acting-weird-only-bar-panel

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Hi All,

I tried this below format & it didn't help.

XXX\yyy ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

* ADMIN=JBP JBP=ENDUSER+BU+ARC

Do i need to restart netbackup services on master server.

Please help.

Marianne
Is XXX the master domain? Is yyy a user in XXX domain with local admin rights on the master? Have you had a look at the post that I referenced above?

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Hi Marriane,

I have entered the proper domain & user having local admin rights on the master server however  its not helping.

is below is the solution ?

This has now been resolved by one of our team members.

To resolve this issue, launch Windows Explorer and follow below steps:-

1. Close the existing Java Admin console, Navigate into ...\NetBackup\Logs\Admin 

2. Rt-click on Admin and select Properties > Security

3. Select Add and type in the group 'Everyone'

4. With Everyone selected, give it Full Control - OK to save the change

5. Re-Launch the NetBackup Java Admin Console, it should work correctly now.

Marianne
I was saying try those steps. You can see that the user in that post had a similar issue that was fixed by those steps. The next step would be to enable logging.

Bharath_Achar
Level 6

Thanks a lot Marianne,

Your post helped me in resolving this issue.

Here is the technote:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH158208.html

please put this technote in your comment, I will mark it as solution.