cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup schedules

Anil_Ghuge
Level 0

Hello All,

I have one query if anybody has the answer please share.

I have one policy in which vm gets backed up and i have selected frequency based backup which is been set to 15 hours.

If any backup job runs more than 15 hours will its next run start on time or it will wait to finish ongoing job.

Also explain retries allowed after runday option in calender based backup.

which one is more efficient frequency based or calender based backup ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

1/- scheduler will wait for ongoing job to complete

2/- lets say you have policy backup window set to Saturdays and Sundays both 8-11pm. And in Include Dates tab, you have checked Sep 17th, 2016 as the only day. Then job will run on this day and then never.

However, when it fails, it will either attempt to run every Sunday and Saturday until it once completes successfully (with Retry after runday) or it will never attempt to run (without this option).

3/- mostly frequency based backups are fine. But it is rather question for customer/data owner, not for backup admin. Sometimes customer requires calendar based backups because his internal data operations are based on calendar.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

1/- scheduler will wait for ongoing job to complete

2/- lets say you have policy backup window set to Saturdays and Sundays both 8-11pm. And in Include Dates tab, you have checked Sep 17th, 2016 as the only day. Then job will run on this day and then never.

However, when it fails, it will either attempt to run every Sunday and Saturday until it once completes successfully (with Retry after runday) or it will never attempt to run (without this option).

3/- mostly frequency based backups are fine. But it is rather question for customer/data owner, not for backup admin. Sometimes customer requires calendar based backups because his internal data operations are based on calendar.

Regards

Michal