cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no lsu lun are discovering for 2nd media server via OST plugin

Pavz
Level 4

Hi,

I have added a media server to the master server where ost plugin is installed and shared LSU lun are showing which is registered with storage server. But when add a new media server with storage server to the master server, all allocated LSU share of new media server are not discovering.

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which type of OST is this?

If I understand you correctly, you say that the OST plugin is installed on the master?

What about the media server?

Can you share all the steps that you have followed on the media server?

Hi,

This OST for zfs appliance.

steps:

1. Mount nfs filesytem from zfs appliance.

2. Installer media server and client on mediaserver1.

3. installed plugin

4. register mediaserver with storage server (storagerserver.com) on master server

5. Then i have seen the zfs mountpoint from mediaserver1

6. then created normally diskpool,stu,policy

problem is

1. I have done same procedure for mediaserver2

2. from master server select mediaserver2 under storageserver.com

3. But  i can not see any mountpoint of mediaserver2

Here for mediaserver1 i have given credential and password of storageserver.com. but for mediaserver2 i have not option to give credential and password of storageserver.com cause storageserver.com is already created. How can i do for mediaserver2?just select mediaserver2 from the storageserver tab of storageserver.com?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

No OST plugin on Master server only on media server. 

Hi all,

My concern is "how can register ost storage server for additional media server" using OST storage user id and password.

Marianne
I cannot assist here as I have never been involved in ZFS deployment with NBU.

You should have a pdf from Oracle with detailed howto steps.

I have never heard of any OST where the lun must be mounted on a media server.

Hi 

Run the following on each media server that will be using the Storage Server:

sudo tpconfig -add -storage_server [OST-Server] -stype [PLUG-IN] -sts_user_id [OST-USER] -password [OST-USER-PASSWORD]

Is this a similer? because this part is from netbackup end, nothing from the OST storage or media server end.

Please assist me, cause i am short scope on NBU field.

Marianne
Correct. The steps will be similar.
After installing the plug-in, NBU should be restarted, followed by tpconfig command.

Your ZFS manual for NBU config will contain all these steps.
There are distinct differences between different OST deployments, so it is important to have the correct manual.

Hi,

As per ZFS ost manual, first mount nfs filesystem (LSU) like ost_lsu1,ost_lsu2 from zfs appliance to media server and install plugin, then register with storage server in NBU and followed with this, i can get all the LSU (ost_lsu1,ost_lsu2) from the master server for mediaserver1 (first media server). But when i add new media server (mediaserver2) where i mounted ost_lsu3 and ost_lsu4 and do all procedure to install plugin then add with above command in NBU, i can't see ost_lsu3 and ost_lsu4 from master server. On ZFS ost manual there is no steps for additional media server registration with storage server.

I just want to discover ost_lsu3 and ost_lsu4 of new mediaserver2 and i need the way around.